eBee is a Kenyan start-up with Dutch roots founded in 2021. The purpose of the company is to make cities in Sub-Saharan Africa cleaner and more habitable. We believe that e-bikes can greatly contribute to this. The massive growth in popularity of e-bikes over the last decade has proven that e-bikes can replace ICE two-wheelers in urban areas. E-bikes are also a great tool to generate income in the form of delivery. It’s time to make this great vehicle class accessible to every person in Africa! To reach this goal we have launched the first e-bike subscription (B2B) of Sub-Saharan Africa. Our primary focus has been on the delivery market, with e-bikes specially designed for food and light parcel delivery. Because of this successful introduction, we have developed the first e-bike build for Sub Sahara called the Nyuki One expected to be launched in January next year (B2C).
eBee is a for-profit company but has a strong social outlook.
We are looking for a strong intern who will support us as a data analyst. In your role you will be working with our internal and external data on the following concepts:
– Financial data
– Technical Data on the bike
– Data from the battery management software
– Data regarding our impact (Environment, Community, Economical, Health,
We want to know what we can do with the data we have, how can we best structure it, and which data is still missing.
• Establish and calculate concrete measurable indicators across the financial data
• Help develop a framework for the technical data acquired from the bike and the battery
• Use the financial and technical data to support the business performance
• Set up a framework for data collection of the various impact themes
• Keep track of the financial, technical, and impact KPIs to continuously steer the company’s performance.
● Affinity with the eBee purpose: build something extraordinary for the African market, lead the transition to clean energy, and make a significant social impact
● Affinity with electrical bicycles and sustainable mobility
● Strong Analytical profile and understanding of data analysis
● Last year’s Bachelor or Master’s student in a relevant discipline (Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc)
● Speak fluent English
● Excellent communications skills both in writing and verbally
● Highly motivated, energetic, proactive, and an independent worker
● Adventurous, willingness to live and work abroad
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
● Opportunity to be part of an ambitious start-up in an early phase with superb growth potential in the African market
● Playing a significant role in a purposeful venture with social impact on a continental scale
● We are a balanced mix of experienced, qualified senior team members and young, energetic and talented individuals with a proven track record in Europe and Africa
● Competitive internship remuneration
● Flight Tickets to Nairobi
● Gain valuable insight into the fast-growing African business environment
● Not your average internship – no coffee at the printer
● Exciting HQ in the middle of vibrant Nairobi
● Room to have an impact, management is open to ideas and input
● CV building! Read the story of Elisabeth Horsten, eBee’s first intern
SUPERVISION & CONTACT
To apply for the job please share your personal information, short motivation, and resume with us by email. In case of any questions regarding this vacancy please feel free to reach out.
Term: Full time 3-6 months, starting 1st of March
Salary: 500$ + Flight tickets +Work Permit + Visa
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 31st of December 2022